Last December I self-published my first book.
I secretly pictured others saying “Wow! This book is a secret gem. I’ll share this with everyone I know, including Oprah and the girl from the Progressive commercials.” Then, I would sit back and watch my Amazon sales skyrocket, I quit my job, become a full-time author and then bask in wonderful wonderfulness.
The reality is I’ve sold 82 copies.
So, I’m not quitting my job. Despite pocketing $1.20 per hour, I LOVED writing Creative You and am ready to write a new book.
As noted earlier, I’m going behind-the-scenes in the process.
Here, in what I’m marking as Week 1*, I’m starting this book. Honestly, I’m extremely excited to jump in and see where this goes.
Because I tend to like starting things instead of finishing, I decided that during “Creative You” I couldn’t start the new book until I completed Creative You and blogged for a few months.
It’s now go time.
Here is my tentative starting plan:
- Read through notes
- Define overall purpose, mission, plan, and objectives for book
- Define core values for project
- Define overall mission, plan and objectives for blog
- Define goals of work and content for both
- Set realistic rough draft of content goals for both
- Review content goals each month
- Set end result goal
This is going to take awhile…
* In full disclosure, I’m working ahead to create a backlog of posts, so the behind-the-scenes aren’t in “real-time”.